FAQ – SUBMISSIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A few things to keep in mind:
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older
- You must show proof of age with a government issued ID
- You must provide a release if necessary before any publication or features
1. If I am published in a MOLL Magazine issue can I receive free printed copies of my edition?
At this time we cannot supply any free copies if your editorial submission is featured within the MOLL Magazine brand. However we will happily provide a digital copy of your final feature in PDF format or information of where the magazine can be purchased if your issue is being currently sold.
Not all of our issues are for sale as some are available for digital free readership to MOLL Magazine registered site users for view by logging in and registering with our site. In the future as our print publication grows we would like to be able to supplement a few courtesy copies. In additional models always have the option of purchasing directly in from the print distributor instead of newsstands for a lower cost when buying in bulk issues.
2. For actual issue features can I post my images online or social media? What about if they already are online?
Please refrain from posting approved images or stories online prior to the launch of the issue. We reserve the right to pull the story should you do so. Models who are photographed by MOLL Magazine staff are not permitted to use featured photos for other publications and by doing so do jeopardize their feature. On occasion we may feature highly popular images in print that have been published virtually.
3. I want to work directly with your team, is there a fee to shoot with MOLL Magazine?
Yes, unless otherwise stated or listed in the casting information which are specified always in the terms and conditions when submitting to shoot with a MOLL Magazine staff photographer or contributing photographers a fee may be involved.
We’re currently shooting models in the following locations:
– Los Angeles, California
– St. Louis, Mo
– Chicago, IL
* In addition MOLL Magazine contributing photographers are shooting in.
Our selection process for model’s consist of the initial editorial review process. Any models wishing to apply for review with a MOLL Magazine photographer should expect:
Consultation – In person pre-consultation with MOLL Magazine photographer, beauty and creative team.
Interview – Interview by MOLL Magazine editorial writer to prepare feature.
Fitting Session – Fitting session with designers and stylists before photo-shoot.
Photo-Shoot: MOLL Magazine beauty and creative team consisting of skilled hair stylist, make up artist and wardrobe stylist, MOLL Magazine Staff Photographer, Cover Photographer, Studio/Location.
3. If I am submitting my own photos, is there any compensation for my feature?
We are not liable for costs, if any, occurred at your shoot. Please only carry out a shoot if you can financially afford to.
4. I received a letter stating I was selected for a issue feature from my initial submission, does that mean I can send in any photos for the edition?
Pre-publication letters do not guarantee the publishing of your editorial. The editor will make the final decision to overall editorial theme.
- Images must be send high resolution if submitting for print consideration
- Please provide credits of all those in your creative team.
- We highly recommend video submissions with all editorials (send us whatever you can/ we also do post production editing)
- Send us a editorial submission accompanied by a written story (tell us about the theme of why you choose to do your submission, models personal history, ect. Be creative!)
- Decisions are based on the quality of submission and space available in the magazine.
Please e-mail, dropbox or use wetransfer.com to send us your initial ideas as a PDF or jpeg files only to: email@example.com
PLEASE SUBMIT TO DROPBOX: MOLLMODELS@GMAIL.COM
DO NOT SUBMIT BY EMAIL AS LARGE FILES CLOG UP THE EMAIL BOX
Dimensions for print editorials
Single Pages –8.5 x 11 in (W x H).
Double Page Spreads –17 x 11 in (W x H).
Include a 0.125″ from the top and bottom, 0.25″ from the outside edge if supplying to the exact dimensions.
5. I missed the issue deadline submission period. Can I still submit?
Please stick to the deadline and have arranged model release forms where appropriate. In all cases of emergencies or late submissions please understand that due to the editorial calender your feature could be subjected to later publication or rotation.
6. I was photographed for a editorial by MOLL Magazine when can I expect my feature?
Models who are photographed by MOLL Magazine staff are put into our six month rotation based on the upcoming editorial cover calender. Featured models via our editorial review process first initial digital web feature is within one month and digital issue feature within three months. The issue that your editorial will be published in may also be subject to change.
7. What type of Models do you accept for features?
We feature both male and female models age 18 years or older. Women may currently submit for Fashion + Editorials or MOLL Babe features of glamour (lingerie, swimwear, implied nude) or get creatively daring and submit your own interpretation for a MOLL Magazine Cover. Men may submit for Man of Style: Fashion + Editorial.
8. For MOLL Babes why use the #MOLLBabe hashtag on social media?
Past MOLL Babes | Example of a MOLL Babe photo shoot (xx, MOLL Babe July 2014)
My question isn’t listed, how can I contact you?
If any issues arise where you don’t see your question listed you may use the general contact form here.
Contributions to MOLL Magazine Disclaimer:
Where you are invited to submit any contribution to MOLL Magazine you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant MOLL Magazine the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate create derivative works from, distribute, preform, play, make available to the public, and / or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed. You warrant that your contribution: –> Is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for purposes specified above –> It is not defamatory –> It does not infringe on any law You agree to indemnify MOLL Magazine against all legal fees, damages, and other expenses that may be incurred by MOLL Magazine as a result of your breach of the above warranty, and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on MOLL Magazine and the purposes specified above.
*** MOLL Magazine reserves the right to reject any submission for any reason without explanation. Submission is not a guarantee of publication.
*** Should you be unhappy with any of the points brought up, please discuss them with us prior to submitting.