COVER STORY: BARBARA DESIREE OHIO’S INTERNATIONAL BOMBSHELL
Well, my name is Barbara Desiree..yes that is my god given name! On my radio interview with Kenny Cummings, he was surprised to know that was my actual name! I’m 24 years old, born Aug 23, 1990. I’ve been modeling for 2 and a half years now. Since I started, I have been on the cover of FHM Indonesia in June 2014, as well as full spreads/features in both print and online with many various FHM editions around the world, I’ve recently been published with Maxim South Africa, as well as Miss Jan 2015 for Playboy South Africa, and even the cover of Moll Mag, South African edition! Some other top notable publications of mine include CKM Poland, Esquire Malaysia, and Esquire Latin America.
I’m based out of Cleveland, Ohio. (where I grew up) and have been traveling now more than ever! I’m not sure how long I will be living out of Ohio, but we will see. Before modeling, I was attending college/working in theater full time! I would eventually like to get more into acting, I have done some small commercials in the past year, but would like to get into a lot more…eventually, I will. I’m just really pushing my modeling as of now. I recently just got back from Daytona Beach, Florida..along with print modeling, I do a lot of promo modeling (among many others) so I was at Daytona Bike Week working for Jagermeister! Yes, I am a Jager girl too! 😉
Next week, I will be traveling to Vegas for a few days, and then off to LA for a while! After that, I will be in Jamaica for a workshop hosted by J.Scott photography, among many other trips in the works! Very Excited to keep working and moving forward!
- Favorite sports teams? I honestly do not follow sports much, but since my hometown is CLE I will say the Browns…
- Your dream Career? Film Actress/Model.
- Your aspirations: To keep working hard on my modeling career and to eventually be where I want to be. One day, I would love kids and a family..but not for years to come.
- Where have we seen you? Playboy South Africa: Miss Jan 2015, Playboy Mexico, CKM Poland, FHM Indonesia, FHM France (twice published in the magazine), FHM Malaysia, FHM Thailand, along with many more FHM editions around the world ! Maxim South Africa, Maxim U.S., Esquire Malaysia, Esquire Latin America, Bullz-eye, Zoo Weekly AU and more!
- Nickname: B, Babs, Barbie, BK, I have many.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? Everyone’s negativity and lack of understanding/accepting each other. It’s something I can’t stand about many people…we should we encouraging and supporting each other not judging each other.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Truly living is taking risks, being spontaneous, never letting anything or anyone hold you back. You only live once, so you should take many chances, even if in the end they don’t turn out…I want to be able to say I took every chance I could and tried my best, and that’s what matters. It’s crazy to think what some people could do or be if they took risks, but many people are scared…I look at it like, if it doesn’t work out, something else will…and what do you have to loose kind of thing!
- If you come spend an afternoon with any person from current times or in the past who would it be and why? Probably Andy Warhol. I would love him to make a movie for me. I think we would hit it off.
- Take us on a vacation, where would we go and what would we do? NYC in the summertime baby! Eating, shopping, and site seeing during the day…a few art museums, then a play at night, then we would go out to some clubs and party crazy! My best times have been in Brooklyn/NYC with my friends!
- What are you greatest strengths and weakness? Greatest strengths would be my street smarts, I’ve seen a lot of things in my life, and had to deal with a lot when I was little. Which gave me the ability to watch my back and handle myself. With this comes a weakness of not being able to trust people easily.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Never. I will do more than I say. Words are just words. It’s the actions and actually doing what you say you will do that counts.
- Five words that describe you: Spontaneous, hard working, artistic, accepting, and outgoing.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Laughing and hanging out with my friends for sure! Parties, bike riding, eating delicious foods, napping with my dog…haha. All of these things make me the happiest! I love to have fun, and get stressed when things get too serious! In all honesty though, modeling and acting really do make me the happiest. I feel like I’m where I belong when I’m working the job I have now.
- Your favorite drink? Since I’m a Jager girl, I have to say Jager…right..? Hmm…I love a dirty martini, or a bloody mary!
- Tell us a childhood story.. Funny, scary, anything..
When I was in 9th grade, I was riding on the front end of my good friend (til this day) Matt’s bike. I was sitting on his handle bars with my feet on the front pegs…if you guys remember those…he was giving me a ride home from a friends or school or something, and I was wearing a mini skirt! Earlier that day it rained so the ground was muddy and wet. On the way home, his bike hit a curb and I went flying off the front of his bike! He couldn’t stop in time, so as my face and body slid across the asphalt, my skirt went flying up and he ran over my butt with his bike. I had muddy tire marks on my bare ass and scrapes all over my cheek, chin, and stomach. It hurt so bad I didn’t go to school the next day and was too embarrassed to talk to Matt for weeks to come. We laugh at this now and tell this story often, he’s like “I couldn’t believe it! I saw your butt!!!” hahah.. It’s pretty dumb.
- What will you never do? Have a one night stand.
- What super power do you dream of having? I want to fly!!!
- Your secret place, the place you love to unwind and relax… There’s this park near my home with this cliff over looking the entire city, it’s in a restricted area, and many people don’t know about it…my friends and I nicknamed it “The Edge of Glory” I love to go there to relax.
- Who do you look up to most in life? My dad. He’s tough.
- What is your biggest dream in life? To be able to accomplish all my little dreams/everything I want to do in life! I hope to one day make it big in modeling, then move on to more acting roles, one day have a couple houses/cars/etc. Hopefully get married and have kids one day too, it would be awesome to really fall in love with someone and accomplish our dreams together!
- Tell us a secret… I don’t feel like I fit in anywhere.
- If you were stranded on an island, what ten things would you take with you? Phone, wifi adapter, an air bed, cooler full of food, my Pomeranian, swimsuits, laptop, a tent, a boat, and a friend?
- Anything else you would like to add? I’m very thankful to be your chosen as your cover girl for Spring, excited to share with my fans, and hope to work more together in the future! Thank you very much!!
Model Mayhem: 2733658